'SlipStream' Dirt Bike Carrier - Galvanised Steel Model (Small)
Product Code: 809
Range / Make: SlipStream
'SlipStream' Bike Carrier Rack - Galvanised Steel Model (Small)
This Slipstream dirt bike carrier is designed to transport off-road, trials, trail, enduro, motocross, pit bikes or farm bikes. Will carry all makes, including Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM etc.
- Max tyre width: 90mm front, 130mm rear
- Rated to carry bikes up to 150kg
- Road legal; No rego or warrant needed
- Drive at the open road speed limit
- Takes very little space to store
- Much easier to park
- Takes a few minutes to put on or take off
- Towbar can be used as normal when not carting the carrier/bike
This small model will carry bikes with a wheelbase of 930-1230mm.
To load the bike, it has to be lifted onto this carrier, which in most cases one person can do by lifting one wheel at a time. Please consider the weight of your bike (and your strength) before purchasing this carrier.
-[See ‘alloy’ options for carriers with ramps]-
- Weighs 17kg
- Hot dip galvanised
- Includes 4 tie-down points
MOUNTING TO THE TOWBAR (mount is supplied with carrier)
Two mounting options: receiver hitch (fits square removable towbar) or standard mount (fits the fixed tongue style towbar). The receiver hitch mount replaces the 50mm removable tow hitch and is fitted into place using the existing towbar pin. The standard mount is simply bolted on underneath the towball, with a specially designed clamping system to eliminate twisting.
The galvanised carrier, when fitted to a vehicle with the standard mount (fixed tongue towbar) leaves the towball free if you still need to tow a trailer. This galv carrier also suits the receiver hitch mount, but this will do away with the usable towball feature.
The turning circle for a trailer may be restricted with this carrier fitted.
The loop for the trailer safety chain may be covered by the base mount - please check before purchasing and make adjustments if necessary. We do not recommend fitting the safety chain to the base mount as it is not rated/strengthened for this.
THINGS TO CHECK
Cars weight ratings vary – check the vehicle download weight rating
Check towbar type – or send pictures so we can confirm
Slipstream carriers have been designed (in most cases) to clear a spare wheel attached to the rear door
Minimum required between bumper and tow ball centre is 90mm (standard mount)
EXTRAS (added at extra cost)
- 25mm tie downs are available for $50 per pair
- We recommend using a shock chock fork support to eliminate the front shocks compressing when tying down - $20 each
- If needed, we have LED lightboards (code #813), complete with bungi cord ties, cable, and plug ready to connect directly to your vehicle
MADE IN NZ