'SlipStream' Alloy Motorbike Carrier
Product Code: 810
Range / Make: SlipStream
'SlipStream' Bike Carrier Rack - Alloy Model (without ramp)
This Slipstream dirt bike carrier is designed to transport off-road, trials, trail, enduro, motocross, pit bikes or farm bikes. Will carry all makes, including Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM etc.
- Max tyre width: 140mm
- Rated to carry bikes up to 150kg (or more if they are custom fitted to the vehicle)
- Road legal; No rego or warrant needed
- Drive at the open road speed limit
- Takes very little space to store
- Much easier to park
- Takes a few minutes to put on or take off
- Towbar can be used as normal when not carting the carrier/bike
This alloy carrier is supplied with the channel and standard front bar.
- Can add a ramp for easy loading
- Can add a wheel lock for ‘hands-free’ tie down
- Carrier fits all bikes (kids and adults) up to tyre width of 140mm
- Weighs approx. 26kg (depends on configuration)
- Steelwork is hot dip galvanized and the channel is high tensile grade T6 aluminium
- Includes 6 tie-down points
- Will carry scooters (including UBCO bikes)
MOUNTING TO THE TOWBAR (mount is supplied with carrier)
Two mounting options: receiver hitch (fits square removable towbar) or standard mount (fits the fixed tongue style towbar).
The receiver hitch mount replaces the 50mm removable tow hitch and is fitted into place using the existing towbar pin.
The standard mount is simply bolted on underneath the towball, with a specially designed clamping system to eliminate twisting.
THINGS TO CHECK
Cars weight ratings vary – check the vehicle download weight rating
Check towbar type – or send pictures so we can confirm
Slipstream carriers have been designed (in most cases) to clear a spare wheel attached to the rear door
Minimum required between bumper and tow ball centre is 90mm (standard mount)
EXTRAS (added at extra cost)
- Aluminium ramp – code #827. The ramp allows for easy loading, and stores on the carrier when not in use (in transit)
- Wheel lock hinge – code #826. The wheel lock hinge adds to the alloy channel and will clamp the wheel and support the bike upright to enable you to tie the bike down “hands-free”
- 25mm tie downs are available for $50 per pair
- We recommend using a shock chock fork support to eliminate the front shocks compressing when tying down - $20 each
- If needed, we have LED lightboards (code #813), complete with bungi cord ties, cable, and plug ready to connect directly to your vehicle
MADE IN NZ